Monday, January 18, 2016

Freezer Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

My husband and I try not to eat a lot of processed sugar. In particular that means desserts and candy. So, I'm learning how to create more healthy, homemade goodies to satisfy my cravings!

Our favorite chocolate treat is the alternative version of Reece Peanut butter cups! They are so tasty and never last long in our home! Did I mention that they are the quickest dessert to whip up for when company comes over for dinner? We have friends who prefer dark chocolate, so I modify the recipe by adding a bit more cocoa powder and a bit less nut butter. But when I make them for myself I do the opposite-more peanut butter and less cocoa powder. Oh, it's lovely when you can personalize a recipe so easily!



Recipe
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2-3/4 cup nut butter (I chose peanut)
1/4 honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
mini cupcake paper liners

Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, until fully melted. Add in the cocoa powder, nut butter, honey, and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth and fully combined. 
Line a cookie sheet with mini cupcake paper liner. Fill each liner 3/4 of the way full with the mixture. Place cookie sheet in freezer for at least 3 hours, or overnight (try to make sure it's level or them will come out crooked!).  Allow to sit 1 minute at room temperature before eating. Store in a sealed container/ziplock in the freezer.

Trust me...you won't be able to eat just one of these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment