Monday, January 25, 2016

Baked Asparagus

I'm currently in England, just outside of London. While walking in Wickford the other day, I saw a butcher shop and just had to go inside. What I found was beautiful! Among the pork and lamb and chicken and beef was a one that stood out from the rest....steak. And not just any steak. A Steak Pie. A mini, homemade Steak Pie. I couldn't resist. And I didn't. I wen't home with 2 mini steak pies for only 3pounds ($4.50).


Aren't they beautiful?!?

Let me tell you, they tasted AMAZING. While overly satisfied, I realized that only two and a half foods make me that satisfied.
1. Steak, any kind
2. Ice cream, any kind
2.5 Cheese-its

Anyway, I bought some fresh asparagus to roast with this delicious pies. Fresh and simple, here's the recipe for Baked Asparagus.

Baked Asparagus
1 bunch of fresh asparagus
1-2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Wash the asparagus and pat dry. Chop 1 inch off the bottom and discard.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay asparagus with tips in the middle for even cooking. Lightly toss with the olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes, turning once after 8 minutes. Cook until just beginning to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment